Swiss Chard - Started from our Seeds - (Red)
All of our Seedlings are grown from my late mothers Organic Seed Collection - I do not know the Specific "variety" - but it is a Green Variety, and easy to grow here in Florida ! (and the taste is Wonderful!)
Grow Swiss Chard In Florida
When it comes to growing swiss chard in Florida, it’s easy if you plant at the right time, in the right place and the right variety.
- Plant Swiss chard between October and March in Florida.
- Plant in an area that gets at least 6 hours of sun with well-draining, organic-rich soil.
- You can spread planting times out 3 weeks apart to give yourself a steady supply of swiss chard
- Fertilize with something like liquid Kelp or fish fertilizer - Heavy Feeders for Green Leaf Growth
- Harvest after 2 months from the bottom up.
This tasty, low in oxalic acid heirloom chard will add flavor to any dish. Grows 18-24" tall.
Yields all summer and into the fall. Use fresh or frozen.